[Foundation-l] Deletopedia for the history of Kosovo

jamesmikedupont at googlemail.com jamesmikedupont at googlemail.com
Tue Oct 6 08:36:09 UTC 2009

Milos Writes :
>Treating Albanian nationalist POV as a fictional world is the best way
>how to explain to Serbian nationalists that they are right :P (Wikinfo
>is the right place for that.)

Well I do not want to make any judgements on right or wrong, fiction or fact.

But I do not have a consolidated version of the "Albanian nationalist POV",
and I think that providing a POV specific set of article will attract
more editors and create a documentation of the POV.

It is in fact hard to get the "straight" story on alot of things and I
feel that it would be great
to collect all the deleted materials about this topic into a new set
of articles would encourage people to reflect more.

There are two arguments here :

1. The main argument from rational people is that much of the
references have been destroyed and the people could not write books or
publish the facts about thier history being an occupied peoples for so
many years.

2. The counterargument is that is it not factual at all, but propaganda.

I would at least like to present a solid set of  "so called facts"  or
at least a conherent set of stories that are told. The verbal history
of kosovo that I have heard so often, but not seen written down.
Maybe the people would be able to reflect on it better if they can work on it.

I have met many people who see wikipedia as not having a NPOV, but
then that is used as an argument to not contribute.

And if we could create a way for these people to contribute the truth
as they see it, then eventually we will have helped people learn to
use wikis, share knowledge and they can contribute to other projects
as well.

Also, you have to see that many people are just writing down what they
learned from school textbooks and it will be interesting to have this
all documented in a solid way.

Ok, well that is my point. I am happy to put this on a different wiki,
or a wikibook if needed.
I was thinking that a wikibook might be the best place, until I found
the althistory.

thanks,
mike