[Foundation-l] Office hours

Liam Wyatt liamwyatt at gmail.com
Thu Oct 1 02:02:56 UTC 2009

On Wed, Sep 30, 2009 at 4:39 PM, Thomas Dalton <thomas.dalton at gmail.com>wrote:

> 2009/9/30 Waerth <waerth at asianet.co.th>:
> > There are people living in Asia and Australia as well actually ... you
> > know! Oh wait they aren't "Western" people so why bother ......
>
> I am well aware of the existence of Asia and Australia. I have been to
> several Asian countries - I definitely remember seeing people there.
> The time of 2130-2230 was proposed explicitly for the benefit of
> Europeans (see Cary's first email in this thread), so I pointed out
> that it actually doesn't work well for Europeans.

I think it's fair to say that no matter what time is selected for anything
then it is going to be inconvenient for some people - that's just a fact.
Furthermore, what might be a good time of day or day of the week for one
person will not be a good time of day/day of week for another person (even
if they are in the same timezone).
Live with it.
I live in Australia and I've never been able to make it to an 'office hours'
sometimes because it's in the middle of the night sometimes because I'm at
work. But, that's my problem not the WMFs.

The WMF have already offered to do it at two timeslots and if these are
sufficiently different from each other then that's about all that can be
done. You're never going to be able to please everyone in this issue.

-Liam [[witty lama]]

wittylama.com/blog
Peace, love & metadata