[Foundation-l] Housekeeping: One user on moderation today

John Vandenberg jayvdb at gmail.com
Mon Nov 30 06:48:30 UTC 2009

On Mon, Nov 30, 2009 at 4:57 PM, Ryan Lomonaco <wiki.ral315 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Per the new posting limits <
> http://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/foundation-l/2009-November/056032.html>,
> each user is limited to 30 posts per month, after which they are put on
> moderation.  Anthony has reached 30 posts.  He has been placed on moderation
> for about the next 19 hours or so (until about Midnight UTC, or whenever one
> of us happens to be at a computer around that time).
>
> Continued input on these policies, either publicly or privately, is always
> welcome.

As I have posts to burn, and less than a day to do it ... ;-)

Attaching a "cost" to each email helps me as a reader.  I *want* to
read every email in every thread, and understand the people who send
them.

Since the limit has been imposed, I have found that I am paying more
attention to the emails, esp. to emails from people like Anthony who
previously sent a lot of emails that I would scan past without really
reading.

As a result, I have found Anthony's input to be very valuable over the
last month.

I think the limit of 30 posts per month is spot on.

--
John Vandenberg