[Foundation-l] Pedophilia and the Non discrimination policy

David Levy lifeisunfair at gmail.com
Sun Nov 29 23:27:23 UTC 2009

George William Herbert wrote:

> It is not clear that anyone has raised any issues which are appropriate
> or necessary for the Foundation to deal with.

If the English Wikipedia's Arbitration Committee has created a policy
prohibiting editing by all known pedophiles, I believe that it has
overstepped its bounds.  (I say "if" because I have not yet received a
response to my question of whether the ArbCom has enacted such a
policy.)  Such an issue is a Foundation-level matter.

> If you have a specific claim that the Foundation has to or should
> intervene please state that, simply and concisely.

I believe that the Foundation should intervene, at least to the extent
of questioning the ArbCom and fully ascertaining the nature of this
very murky situation.  (I realize that there might be sensitive
details to which the general community should not be privy.)