[Foundation-l] Follow up: Fan History joining the WMF family

Geoffrey Plourde geo.plrd at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 29 20:44:10 UTC 2009

'06 wikiversity

________________________________
From: Jon Davis <wiki at konsoletek.com>
Sent: Sun, November 29, 2009 12:19:34 PM
Subject: Re: [Foundation-l] Follow up: Fan History joining the WMF family

Perhaps she mistook the meta proposals for strat.  Where, by all accounts, a
proposal with nothing going on for the last year are lively, considering
there are proposals on there dated as far back as 2004, a number of them
dated 2006. For those who aren't terribly active in our community, seeing
something like that, can't blame em for thinking the process is dead.  After
all, when was the last time the WMF opened a _new_ project (not a new
language, a completely new project).

/me shrugs
-Jon

On Sun, Nov 29, 2009 at 11:53, Philippe Beaudette
<pbeaudette at wikimedia.org>wrote:

> On Nov 29, 2009, at 12:06 PM, Laura Hale wrote:
>
> >  There are proposals that have been there a
> > year, that have no votes, with no comments on them.
>
> I'm sorry, this is incorrect.  Strategy wiki wasn't even set up a year
> ago.
>
> It was created in July.  Proposals weren't accepted until almost August.
>
> I'm willing to have this discussion, but let's do it honestly, and
> without hyperbole. ;)
>
> pb
>

> ____________________
> Philippe Beaudette
> Facilitator, Strategy Project
> Wikimedia Foundation
>
> philippe at wikimedia.org
>
> mobile:         918 200-WIKI (9454)
>
> Imagine a world in which every human being can freely share in
> the sum of all knowledge.  Help us make it a reality!
>
> http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Donate

Jon
[[User:ShakataGaNai]]
http://snowulf.com/ - Blog
http://snowulf.imagekind.com/ - Pictures
This has been a test of the emergency sig system.