[Foundation-l] Follow up: Fan History joining the WMF family

Ryan Lomonaco wiki.ral315 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 29 19:46:31 UTC 2009

On Sun, Nov 29, 2009 at 2:14 PM, Fred Bauder <fredbaud at fairpoint.net> wrote:

> Laura,
>
> It seems unlikely if only based on "We have no notability requirement."
> Essentially, you've forked, chosen an incompatible core policy.

I don't see how that would be an issue.  Notability is not a foundation
policy, it's a community guideline that was enacted by editors of the
English Wikipedia.  Other projects within the WMF family would not
necessarily be subject to the same standards, in the same way that the
Spanish Wikipedia does not allow fair use images while the English Wikipedia
does.

--
[[User:Ral315]]