[Foundation-l] Pedophilia and the Non discrimination policy

David Levy lifeisunfair at gmail.com
Sun Nov 29 18:23:13 UTC 2009

Fred Bauder wrote:

> An appeal is not futile. For one thing the policy might be changed or it
> might be decided the policy which exists does not apply in this case.

Again, I wish to read this policy.  Where is it published?  And how
was it established?  Did the ArbCom itself author it?

> If a close examination of his editing record shows no activist activity,
> it might be considered unfair to do external research which established
> his identity.

There has been no _assertion_ of activist activity on the wiki.  Shall
we go ahead and block everyone pending close examination of their
editing records?

> But then, if Ryan could do it, anyone, including an investigative
> journalist could have done it.

Yes, and the same applies to murderers, rapists and neo-Nazis in our
midst.  This is not a "slippery slope" argument (a contention that
we'll be banning those editors next).  I'm asking how it would be
worse for an investigative journalist to discover that a pedophile is
editing than to discover that a murderer, rapist or neo-Nazi is
editing.