[Foundation-l] Pedophilia and the Non discrimination policy

Fred Bauder fredbaud at fairpoint.net
Sun Nov 29 13:44:28 UTC 2009

> "appeal" - someone said something that highly surprised me.
> Apparently, the AC of enwiki 'endorsed' the blockade, but still you
> consider an appeal realistic? I'm sorry, but I would find the chance
> of honest ruling very low, nearing zero, in case if that same group of
> judges first endorsed the fact they have to judge... Personally, I
> feel that AC should never "endorse" stuff without it being a case
> submitted to them. But that might be more a side discussion.

> Lodewijk

An appeal is not futile. For one thing the policy might be changed or it
might be decided the policy which exists does not apply in this case. If
a close examination of his editing record shows no activist activity, it
might be considered unfair to do external research which established his
identity. But then, if Ryan could do it, anyone, including an
investigative journalist could have done it.

Fred