[Foundation-l] Pedophilia and the Non discrimination policy

Fred Bauder fredbaud at fairpoint.net
Sat Nov 28 20:37:58 UTC 2009

Jake,

It is not an accepted practice to ban users from editing Wikipedia unless
they are actively disrupting, endangering, or otherwise harming the
project. Such bannings usually require either broad community consensus,
an action from the Arbitration Committee, or an action from Jimbo Wales.
In addition, "The Wikimedia Foundation prohibits discrimination against
current or prospective users and employees on the basis of race, color,
gender, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation,
or any other legally protected characteristics.

Pedophile activism actively disrupts the project; is the subject of an
action by the Arbitration Committee; and is not a legally protected
characteristic.

I am not happy with Nihonjoe_4's RfB as I not sure he was given a chance
to arrive at a considered resolution regarding this matter, but I
certainly don't like his unbriefed arguments:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:Ryan_Postlethwaite/archive22#Tyciol

Fred