[Foundation-l] WSJ on Wikipedia

Philippe Beaudette pbeaudette at wikimedia.org
Fri Nov 27 02:22:53 UTC 2009

> On Nov 26, 2009 8:56 PM, <wjhonson at aol.com> wrote:

>> Any arrested person has
>> the right to an attorney, provided free of charge by the state.
>> That is
>> what we need.  Advocate-attorneys who are on the side of the arrested
>> editor.

I'm totally okay with discussing this concept, but arguments like this
one rather cheapen the concept.

People are provided with an attorney in the the US (not all states,
worldwide, remember) and because what is at issue can be the deprival
of life, liberty, or property.

Let's not draw a legal parallel too closely, huh?

pb

Philippe Beaudette
Facilitator, Strategy Project
Wikimedia Foundation

philippe at wikimedia.org

mobile: 	918 200-WIKI (9454)

Imagine a world in which every human being can freely share in
the sum of all knowledge.  Help us make it a reality!