[Foundation-l] WSJ on Wikipedia

William Pietri william at scissor.com
Mon Nov 23 16:57:50 UTC 2009

A reporter pal points out to me that the  Wall Street Journal has a
front page story on Wikipedia: "Volunteers Log Off as Wikipedia Ages".
Alas, it's subscriber-only:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB125893981183759969.html

There's also a publicly viewable blog article "Is Wikipedia Too
Unfriendly to Newbies?", and an interview with their reporters:

http://blogs.wsj.com/digits/2009/11/23/is-wikipedia-too-unfriendly-to-newbies/
http://online.wsj.com/video/news-hub-wikipedia-volunteers-quit/BB9E24E7-2A18-4762-A55E-4D9142975029.html

I suspect it's nothing we haven't been talking about for a while, but if
anybody with access has a chance to summarize the main points, I'd find
that helpful in replying to the friends who will inevitably be asking
about this. If not because of this article, then from the other
reporters that I presume will be joining in shortly.

William