[Foundation-l] Building The Great Monument of Bureaucracy

Robert Rohde rarohde at gmail.com
Mon Nov 23 00:41:57 UTC 2009

On Sun, Nov 22, 2009 at 4:27 PM, Tomasz Ganicz <polimerek at gmail.com> wrote:

<snip>

> So, the replacing current ugly-copyvio-template -> OTRS scheme for
> something else must take into consideration various scenarios which
> are currently handled by that scheme in quite often teribbly
> unfriendly style but anyway it is at least handled.
>
> So, the point is that we must "seek and destroy" copyvio and on the
> other hand we want to stay friendly, try to assume goodwill, and try
> to remain to be "just click and edit" wiki project...

Tomek, I think you fundamentally misunderstood.  I didn't suggest
replacing OTRS for all scenarios.  I only suggested creating a more
standardized approach for those scenarios where an experienced
Wikipedian is trying to obtain permission to add materials that he
knows are owned by someone else.  I believe this is the case that
Milos was discussing in the start of the thread (unless I
misunderstood something myself).

Yes, there are other scenarios we have to deal with, and perhaps some
of them could in fact be helped by the development of standardized
permission forms, but I was never suggesting that all of OTRS should
be replaced.

-Robert Rohde