[Foundation-l] Everything okay?

Cormac Lawler cormaggio at gmail.com
Tue Nov 17 17:05:56 UTC 2009

2009/11/17 Ryan Lomonaco <wiki.ral315 at gmail.com>

That said, I would hope that no one is "scared" of posting here, and if you
> are, I hope you'll contact either myself or Austin and tell us why.

I hope so too, but I would understand why they wouldn't say so. People might
be nervous, scared or simply confused - in which cases they'd be less likely
to speak up than if they were angry. Fact of (online?) life, folks!

Therefore, this might be a good time to clarify what this list is for, and
what kinds of things are not considered appropriate or productive.
Currently, we have a single sentence on [[m:Mailing list]] [1] about
maintaining wikiquette and avoiding personal attacks - and nothing on the
foundation-l info page [2]. This could be essentially refactoring what's on
the Improving foundation-l page [3]; but in any case, guidelines should be
explicit somewhere to both discourage what we don't want, and to encourage
what we do - thereby hopefully reassuring people that we *do* value diverse
input.

Cormac

[1] http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Mailing_list