[Foundation-l] Fundraiser tech issues

Amir E. Aharoni amir.aharoni at mail.huji.ac.il
Wed Nov 11 14:38:33 UTC 2009

On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 16:16, Erik Moeller <erik at wikimedia.org> wrote:

> The fundraising banners went live yesterday, but in spite of efforts
> to test them, there were serious issues with their basic functionality
> and IE6 and IE7. My apologies; it's an inexcusable screw-up on our
> part, and we won't go live again until we've resolved this. (We're
> looking into the feedback on the messaging/style of the banners as
> well, and have been from the beginning.)

The slogan "Wikipedia Forever" and some of its translations (for example,
Hebrew) sound too religious and political. It made me recall the lovely
Albanian film "Slogans" (the English article about it is too short, but
articles in other languages give you the idea.)

And the letters are way too large.

--
אָמִיר אֱלִישָע אַהֲרוֹנִי
Amir Elisha Aharoni