[Foundation-l] Advisory board update

Michael Snow wikipedia at verizon.net
Fri Nov 13 16:41:39 UTC 2009

We're just about to start our board meeting, but before we do, I have a
quick update for you. We have appointed two new members to the advisory
board.

One of them is already quite familiar to all of us - Domas Mituzas. As
you know, Domas recently completed his term on the board of trustees,
and as we value his knowledge and input especially on the technical side
of things, we asked him to stay as an advisory board member.

The other new member may also be familiar to some of you - he is Craig
Newmark, best known as the founder of Craigslist. Craig will be a
particularly valuable resource, I think, with his understanding of the
challenges of growing and maintaining an active, engaged online
community. He also is taking an interest in issues of improving quality,
such as biographies of living people.

--Michael Snow