[Foundation-l] the use of foundation-l

WJhonson at aol.com WJhonson at aol.com
Sun Nov 8 10:50:58 UTC 2009

In a message dated 11/8/2009 2:06:47 AM Pacific Standard Time,
gerard.meijssen at gmail.com writes:

> Your notion that you "deserve" at least as much room to experiment as the
> worst of us is a fallacy. You have been made aware that there is an issue
> and that relevant people refuse to post on the foundation list. You have
> been made that this is because of the inconsiderate posting that you claim
> right to.>>

The reason I asked for no personal attacks is because the above, by you,
sounds very much like : "You are the problem.  You are a problem."

To me that is a personal attack.  I'm working on an article to show that,
for example, you yourself, have been the most prolific poster at times in the
past, if not this month.  And others have been at other times.  There is no
difference between a new contributor creating 50 messages a month, and an
old one doing the exact same thing.  That a person has been contributing for
a year, doesn't give them an unchallengable right to do something that a new
person cannot do as well.

So if there is a problem, that *a* person generates a lot of messages in a
month, that problem has been here on this list for a very long time.  And
people who stay away because of volume, would have stayed away far earlier
than now.

This month, the number of postings so far, is far below the most we've ever
had.  This list in the past has generated 1200 messages in a single month.
We're far short of anything like that so far.  So any belief that a large
number of postings rapidly is new, is not an accurate understanding of this
lists historical activity.

Will