[Foundation-l] the use of foundation-l

WJhonson at aol.com WJhonson at aol.com
Sun Nov 8 08:38:45 UTC 2009

In a message dated 11/8/2009 12:30:05 AM Pacific Standard Time,
gerard.meijssen at gmail.com writes:

> Now if you think that you need to
> pass judgement on this, you have a self centred world. That is very much
> part of the issue. The issue is that the context of the issue IS clear
> from
> my original post. I will not damage these people by naming them.>>

You're passing judgement on others, while protesting that others (you
think) are passing judgement on you.  You're a power poster, but you want others
to not be power posters.

People will always leave email lists and people will always join.  Let's
see statistics on the number who've left and the number who've joined.  Do we
really want 3000 readers with 10 speakers?  Or maybe 1000 readers with 100
speakers?

I don't see a lot of lurkers as being exactly what we'd aim for.  You're
free to convince me but of course that would require posting more messages
while asking for people to stop posting more messages.

In my mind the more active a list is, the more input you get, and the
broader community is drawn to the list, instead of a select few.  That seems
closer to what we'd want.

Will