[Foundation-l] The state of Foundation-l (again) was: Recent firing?

William Pietri william at scissor.com
Sun Nov 8 05:03:26 UTC 2009

Thomas Dalton wrote:
> So people would rather I decided what they are and aren't interested
> in? Surprising... most people I know like to make their own decisions
> about things like that...

My guess is that people here want what pretty much anybody in a shared
context wants: consideration and respect for their experiences. You
don't have to unilaterally decide what interests people; if you're
unsure, you can just ask.

Elsewhere on the Internet I moderate a couple of mailing lists, and I
frequently get questions like these:

    * I'm new to the group, and wondered if it would be ok to ask about X.
    * Have I been talking too much about Y? People seem interested, but
      it's a little off topic.
    * I'm worried that thread Z has gone too long. Am I beating a dead
      horse?

William