[Foundation-l] Growth vs. maintenance

WJhonson at aol.com WJhonson at aol.com
Sat Nov 7 19:33:01 UTC 2009

In a message dated 11/7/2009 10:56:27 AM Pacific Standard Time,
andreengels at gmail.com writes:

> We tried that on nl: (although with 1 week rather than 24 hours
> minimum). The effect of this is that _each and every block_ will get
> the whole wiki in flames for a week.>>

I would submit that this tells you something very significant.
The community likes freedom, and they don't like the suppression of
freedom.
The police do not like freedom, and they do like to suppress it.
When a group of police decide to gang up on a contributor, that contributor
has no "friend" on their side.  You cannot appeal to the police to stop the
police.

That's my main point.  However it has to be worked out.  We need a
contrasting force, that is dedicated to the freedom of the contributor.

Will