[Foundation-l] The state of Foundation-l (again) was: Recent firing?

Michael Snow wikipedia at verizon.net
Sat Nov 7 03:09:00 UTC 2009

wjhonson at aol.com wrote:
>  Maybe you could explain a little more clearly, how people are "scared" by reading (or just seeing) ten messages on the same topic?  How does that frighten people?

It's not simply the ten messages on one topic, it's the tone and content
of the messages that is scaring them. But the ten messages in quick
succession is a common characteristic among the discussions with that tone.

Thomas Dalton wrote:
> 2009/11/7 effe iets anders <effeietsanders at gmail.com>:
>
>> I would agree with that 'solution' if I would agree with the "delete and
>> ignore" solution, which is, imho, not a solution at all. That is a bit the
>> problem :) And I literally meant scare btw.
>>
> Could you explain why you think ignoring emails doesn't work? It works
> perfectly well for me.
People are scared because they experience an emotional response to the
tone and content of the messages. Ignoring the message (that is, doing
nothing after you've read it) is not a solution to that problem. The
implicit rejoinder you're giving them is, "Don't have emotions." That
doesn't work, because people are human.

--Michael Snow