[Foundation-l] Wikinews has not failed

Bod Notbod bodnotbod at gmail.com
Wed Nov 4 23:50:57 UTC 2009

Is it possible that sometimes Wikipedia steals Wikinews' thunder?

You get something like that kid (not) in a balloon and it
struggles/fails to get on Wikipedia but I assume did OK on Wikinews.

Sometimes a current event is big enough that Wikipedia can cover it
without fear of deletion (I think of Katrina) and I seem to recall the
coverage in Wikipedia was amazing.

Perhaps that means Wikinews can only ever be a little brother because
Wikipedia gets to cover the big stories as well as Wikinews ever will.