[Foundation-l] Wikinews has failed

wjhonson at aol.com wjhonson at aol.com
Wed Nov 4 22:35:24 UTC 2009

 But George we do have pointers from Wikipedia to Wikisource, Wikiquote, and so on.  Wikinews is sort of the red-headed stepchild of the entire collective.  It's been going for years and yet only has 15,000 English-language articles.  That's probably smaller even than Citizendium.

The failure is even more severe when a project is so small that it can be dominated by a clique of people pushing power-plays to silence opponents.  That is simply in my mind anathema to our entire structure.  When a club becomes an effective tool, used by those in power against those not, than a project should be shut down.

Will Johnson