[Foundation-l] Wikinews has failed

Nathan nawrich at gmail.com
Wed Nov 4 21:15:48 UTC 2009

We keep it because some people use it, some people contribute to it,
and it costs us very little to keep it going. All projects that are
useful and well used were at one point completely obscure, including
the English Wikipedia. That obscurity is not, of itself, a good reason
to delete the entire project.

Is this because you're upset at being moderated on wikinews-l?

Nathan

On Wed, Nov 4, 2009 at 5:02 PM,  <WJhonson at aol.com> wrote:
> Wikinews should be gracefully shut down.  It's long since failed to serve
> any service to the community or to the world.  Few to no Wikipedia articles
> point at Wikinews even when there is a Wikinews article.  And I submit that
> no outside agency points at Wikinews articles for anything.
>
> Why do we still have this project?
>
> Will

Your donations keep Wikipedia running! Support the Wikimedia
Foundation today: http://www.wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Donate