[Foundation-l] Fwd: Wikipedia christmas calendar?

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 16:54:17 UTC 2009

2009/11/2 Magnus Manske <magnusmanske at googlemail.com>:
> On Sat, Oct 31, 2009 at 5:09 PM, Ray Saintonge <saintonge at telus.net> wrote:
>> Olli wrote:
>>> Date: 2009/10/31
>>> Subject: Wikipedia christmas calendar?
>>>
>>> What about a wikipedia christmas calendar? It can maybe preview some
>>> articles or something similar. Then it can be multilingual.
>>>

>> Not necessarily just Christmas, but a published calendar for the whole
>> year.  Wikipedia's date articles are already full of weitd and wonderful
>> things that happened on this day in history.
>
> Or, have a new calender generated automatically on each page reload:
>
> http://toolserver.org/~magnus/wikilendar.php?month=11&year=2009
>
> (takes a few seconds to parse all these pages and check for suitable images)

I think a human selected calendar would be better for actually
publishing, but that's certainly a fun script. Can you add an option
to choose a category so we can have a calendar of Britons, or French,
or mathematicians, or military people, etc.?

One bug: I got a graph of Imran Khan's bowling statistics rather than
his portrait...