[Foundation-l] How to make a puzzle globe

William Pietri william at scissor.com
Sun Nov 1 17:14:26 UTC 2009

David Gerard wrote:
> http://www.externaute.net/la-globe-en-puzzle-de-wikipedia-en-realite-3d/1071

English-speakers may wish to consult the original source, the blog of
the globe-makers, here:

http://www.becausewecan.org/Wiki_globe

There are more photos and some explanatory text.

Those in the SF area with an interest in this kind of thing should keep
an eye on their blog for their occasional open houses. E.g.:

http://www.becausewecan.org/october09_eatfoodtalkshop

Not only do you get to see the shop and in-progress projects, but a very
interesting collection of makers turn up there. Last I visited, I met
one couple who built a 3D printer that uses table sugar as the working
medium, and got a great under-the-hood tour of a home-converted electric
car. Very inspiring.

William