[Foundation-l] Recent firing?

WJhonson at aol.com WJhonson at aol.com
Sun Nov 1 01:37:00 UTC 2009

In a message dated 10/31/2009 6:18:19 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
thomas.dalton at gmail.com writes:

> I have never heard of someone being fired and working a month's notice
> and without evidence to the contrary I will assume that the WMF aren't
> trying to intentionally mislead us about who is and isn't working for
> them. That leaves me to assume he was not fired. There are all kinds
> of other possibilities; I've listed the ones I think are most likely
> earlier in this thread.>>

Sure you have Thomas.  It happens all the time.  At one of my jobs I was
fired and still "worked" for three more weeks.  Of course I wasn't actually
there, but I was still listed as there for three more weeks and got paid for
it.

And again they are not intentionally misleading you by being silent, and
the mere appearence of an "end date" is not a statement that someone is
"working".  You may as well say it's a statement of the last day of their
severence package.  I don't find that date evidentionary that a person is still
physically on-site.

One of my bosses had a six-month parachute.  For the first month he
actually showed up! (believe it or dont) and sat in his office making phone calls
to his broker or golf buddies.  The remaining five months he didnt even
bother to show up.  He was still listed on the payroll "working" throughout the
six month period.  And that's what the personnel records show.

Will