[Foundation-l] Recent firing?

Anthony wikimail at inbox.org
Sun Nov 1 01:03:03 UTC 2009

On Sat, Oct 31, 2009 at 8:54 PM, Thomas Dalton <thomas.dalton at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Yes, that would generally result in genuine redundancies.
>>
>> And, of course, is exactly what the Wikimedia Foundation just did.
>
> Sure, but in this case there wasn't any duplication of roles between
> the offices, to the best of my knowledge.

But "the best of your knowledge" is that you don't know what happened.
 You're quick to criticize the rumor that he was fired, but then you
yourself engage in speculating that he wasn't fired (and presenting
that speculation as fact).  We don't know what happened.  It could be
any one of a large number of things.

If you'd like to respond to this, fine.  I'm done commenting on this
subthread.  Sorry for the multiple messages, everyone.

Anthony