[Foundation-l] Google Wave and Wikimedia projects

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Sun May 31 12:09:40 UTC 2009

2009/5/31 Jussi-Ville Heiskanen <cimonavaro at gmail.com>:
> For sure. I was just burying the point that telegrams
> are not the best comparison. Courier mail did the
> thing much slower, but it got the thing done.
> Telegrams were for when you needed the
> immediacy that E-mail now gives for free.(spam notwithstanding)

Indeed. My point was that there *isn't* a good comparison. You can
think of it as really fast courier mail, but that doesn't do it
justice. You can think of it as free telegrams with attachments, but
that doesn't do it justice. E-mail really was a whole new concept, it
wasn't just an extension or improvement of existing concepts. Google
Waves are just an improvement on existing concepts - the improvement
being bringing them all together in one app.