[Foundation-l] Google Wave and Wikimedia projects

Judson Dunn cohesion at sleepyhead.org
Sat May 30 19:11:47 UTC 2009

On Fri, May 29, 2009 at 6:58 PM, David Gerard <dgerard at gmail.com> wrote:

> 2009/5/30 Thomas Dalton <thomas.dalton at gmail.com>:
>
> > I don't get it... this is just MSN Messenger on steroids. It's a great
> > idea and if it works it should be really useful, but it isn't
> > world-changing and certainly isn't going to restructure the internet.
>

> No, no - it's Google Chat on steroids! With email and groups and uh
> other stuff! Picasa! And you can save it all as Knols!

Of it's word processing on steroids, or forums, or group wikis... The
fact that it is all these things in one fairly simple to use interface
is why people are excited.

I can't sell my luddite co-workers on the idea of a blog, or a wiki,
but this is more obviously approachable. For more normal web users,
there are obviously a lot of advanced uses as well.

Judson
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Cohesion