[Foundation-l] Google Wave and Wikimedia projects

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Sat May 30 12:26:10 UTC 2009

2009/5/30 Anthony <wikimail at inbox.org>:
> On Sat, May 30, 2009 at 7:24 AM, Anthony <wikimail at inbox.org> wrote:
>
>> I'm not sure if it'll catch on, because Google seems to have added so much
>> extraneous crap into the mix
>>

> Like replying in the middle of a message, not by quoting the original, but
> by just editing the person's message to add your question in the middle of
> it.  How pissed would you be if someone did that on your User talk page?
> But yet it got applause.  Don't people think?  What was the constituency of
> the audience, anyway?  They were applauding at some pretty horrible ideas.

That part didn't bother me too much. I hated the way it didn't seem to
indicate what message you were replying to. For the most part, the
conversation had a linear structure, not a tree one. They would reply
to the last message in the conversation and the reply would have the
same indentation as all the rest of the messages. To me, that makes it
look like a reply to the original message that started the wave.