[Foundation-l] Google Wave and Wikimedia projects

Milos Rancic millosh at gmail.com
Sat May 30 12:06:23 UTC 2009

On Sat, May 30, 2009 at 1:55 PM, Anthony <wikimail at inbox.org> wrote:
> Like replying in the middle of a message, not by quoting the original, but
> by just editing the person's message to add your question in the middle of
> it.  How pissed would you be if someone did that on your User talk page?
> But yet it got applause.  Don't people think?  What was the constituency of
> the audience, anyway?  They were applauding at some pretty horrible ideas.

If I remember well, it was replying in the middle of a collaborative
document. I suppose that there is an option "remove all comments" or
so. Also, you may trace history of collaboration and comments (at more
intuitive way than on MediaWiki page histories).

BTW, I remember that I was very mad when I saw red lines below my text
in Firefox. Usually, I am writing in Serbian and all of my texts have
red lines below (and spell checkers for synthetic languages are not so
useful yet; there are a lot of possible combinations which makes
situation like "been/bean" very often). But, after some time I
realized that it is a very useful tool. I am even feeding my browser's
spell checkers now.