[Foundation-l] Information about 2009 Board of Trustees election

Robert Rohde rarohde at gmail.com
Wed May 27 17:16:33 UTC 2009

Have you discussed software requirements with developers?

I'm not sure the new SecurePoll software is yet set up to allow for
preferential voting (either on the input side or the tallying side).

Also, we had a number of problems with tallying [1].  Some of which
was a result of essentially overloading the software with 17000 votes,
but even if you avoid that issue (for example by having stricter
suffrage requirements), there are still some things to look out for.
Which reminds me that I still need to go file some Bug reports...

August is plenty of lead time to address these issues, but they
shouldn't be kept to the last minute.

-Robert Rohde

[1] http://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/licom-l/2009-May/000245.html