[Foundation-l] Proposals re : sexual content on wikimedia

Birgitte SB birgitte_sb at yahoo.com
Fri May 22 22:16:05 UTC 2009

--- On Thu, 5/21/09, private musings <thepmaccount at gmail.com> wrote:

 - I'm particularly
> keen at the moment
> to try and discern whether or not it's possible to move
> forward in any way
> on this issue, or whether or not we're sort of stuck in the
> bed we've made
> to date.... all thoughts and ideas most welcome... :-)

Your are not likely to move forward with the shotgun approach.  What is the underlying issue that is most important to you?  What is most common existing situation out there in practice that is exemplifies this issue?

Work on that.  Study it. Get numbers on it.  Be sure you understand exactly how and why the problem exists and where it's boundaries are.  Then work up a proposal to deal with it.  Ignore all the somewhat relevant but tangential issues.  Put them in a file for later if you can't ignore them, but don't talk about them publicly.  That is your best chance to actually move forward on anything.  It still takes months, but you really don't have a hope of getting people to help you until focus on one thing of a manageable size.

Birgitte SB