[Foundation-l] Wikipedia is not the Karma Sutra, was Re: commons and freely licensed sexual imagery

Jussi-Ville Heiskanen cimonavaro at gmail.com
Fri May 15 06:42:40 UTC 2009

Fred Bauder wrote:
>> I can't believe Fred is litigating this again. He's been around long
>> enough
>> to know that censorship is a dead issue.
>>

> It is never too late to quit doing a dumb thing.

Thanks for two straight lines in a good posting. That is the first one.

> I might find gifting
> someone with a nice pearl necklace a fine thing to do, but unlike
> comprehensive information about sexuality, it doesn't belong in a general
> purpose encyclopedia intended and promoted for the use of a young world
> wide audience.
>
> As to censorship, we censor and delete dictionary definitions and recipes
> for God's sake; that is how Wikipedia:What Wikipedia is not works.

Here is the other great straight line. Let's hope they aren't
parallel. We have indeed claimed to be in the business of
deleting recipes. That was a stupendously dumb thing.
We should just quit. The long and very silly argument
over why recipes on wikipedia are bad came down to
"Nobody can tell me how to make the best cookies."
As I have said repeatedly; saying that a recipe can
never be a NPOV entity, even when it is very
general, and not going to such idiotic
minutiae as describing how to make
a "Very very dry martini." except
in very very specific cultural