[Foundation-l] Wikipedia is not the Karma Sutra, was Re: commons and freely licensed sexual imagery

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Thu May 14 22:37:29 UTC 2009

2009/5/14 Sage Ross <ragesoss+wikipedia at gmail.com>:

> No, I'm talking about something like actively including meta-data that
> would make possible filtered.en.wikipedia.org or the like (as Robert
> Rohde described), not imposing any limits on the way readers currently
> view Wikipedia.

So, put together something that uses the category system to do just this.

Except you'd need to make a really, really convincing case that this
is something the Wikimedia Foundation should be actively promoting,
even as far as hosting.

(c.f. the earlier proposal for a Victims of Soviet Repression wiki -
nice idea, but utterly unsuited to WMF through utter lack of
neutrality.)

- d.