[Foundation-l] Wikipedia is not the Karma Sutra, was Re: commons and freely licensed sexual imagery

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Thu May 14 18:50:25 UTC 2009

2009/5/14 Fred Bauder <fredbaud at fairpoint.net>:
>> I'm sorry, but why is this even a discussion? Wikipedia is not censored.
>
> Wikipedia is censored with respect to a myriad of different sorts of
> content. In fact it is routinely censored, consider articles for
> deletion, just for a start then move on to recipes, dictionary
> definitions, fiction, to say nothing of point of view editing.

So is my cookbook censored because it doesn't include a description of
the Peloponnesian War? Of course not. It's not a matter of censorship,
it's a matter of scope. If you wish to argue that pearl necklaces
aren't encyclopaedic, then that is another question entirely and the
answer should not be based on people being offended by images of them.