[Foundation-l] Wikipedia Invades La Plata Natural History Museum

Patricio Lorente patricio.lorente at gmail.com
Tue May 12 23:33:23 UTC 2009

2009/5/1 Pharos <pharosofalexandria en gmail.com>:
> I think this is a good idea too.
>
> You can make a pretty template for the images produced that both
> briefly explains the project and that also includes the
> Category:Wikipedia_Invades_La Plata_Natural_History_Museum.  I can
> help you with this if you'd like.
>
> This event documentation category would be added -in addition- to the
> encyclopedically-oriented Category:Museo_de_La_Plata.  Possibly in the
> future, with a growing archive of items in the museum's collection,
> you will even find the need for more specific topical categories, like
> Category:Dinosaurs_at_Museo_de_La_Plata.

Sorry I didn't write any update since the "invasion". It was a great
experience, with many new volunteers, some of them professional
photographers. Many pictures have been already uploaded to Commons,
under the category "Wikipedia invade el Museo de La Plata", but there
are more to come. As you may see, there are photos of different
quality, but many of them are really great. See for example,
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Diplodocus_Carnegii.jpg

After this activity, we received many invitations from other museums,
and people from the provinces are organizing their own hunts.

                                              Patricio

--

Patricio Lorente
Mensajería Instantánea: patricio_lorente en jabber.org