[Foundation-l] Usability Study Results (Sneak Preview)

Brion Vibber brion at wikimedia.org
Fri May 8 16:42:34 UTC 2009

El 5/7/09 5:36 PM, geni escribió:
> 2009/5/8 Brian<Brian.Mingus at colorado.edu>:
>> This usability study is so tiny. I want MediaWiki to be really, really good.
>> Please tell me you guys hope to go large scale with the remote testing
>> setup.
>
> Nit just mediawiki. Looks like we need to improve the paths through
> the help namespace.

The primary target on the help pages is to make key pieces like the
markup "cheat-sheet" available quickly, easily, and universally.

Wikia's got a cute little editing-help-sidebar version of this which
we've considered adapting or taking as a model for that purpose -- it
gets you some important stuff without taking you out of your editing
environment.

Style guides, licensing recommendations, etc are another level of help
page which needs more consideration, but remain of secondary importance.

-- brion