[Foundation-l] Long-term archiving of Wikimedia content

David Goodman dgoodmanny at gmail.com
Tue May 5 21:48:45 UTC 2009

That is like saying, . Why should i backup my computer now, when there
will be high capacity media in a few years, or when the next version
of the OS will do it automatically.

or, more closely,
why should a books scanning project even be bothered with now. In
future generation we might well have scanners that will do it much
more efficiently without opening the books.

David Goodman, Ph.D, M.L.S.