[Foundation-l] Long-term archiving of Wikimedia content

Samuel Klein meta.sj at gmail.com
Tue May 5 00:35:47 UTC 2009

They wouldn't take up proportionally more space in etching than they
do on screen.  So an extra 10-20% overall.  They would probably make
the process a bit more expensive, but still to this scale.  an
illustrated encyclo may well be worth twice as much.

Let's see what the Rosetta folks have to say.   I can think of a lot
of people, not least those who have one of the early Rosetta disks,
who would love an  archival etched copy of Wikipedia + Commons thumbs,
which might cover some of the early costs of trying this out.

Håkon: perhaps PrinceXML would be useful for making an etch-specific layout?

SJ