[Foundation-l] More on Wikimedia strategic planning

Jussi-Ville Heiskanen cimonavaro at gmail.com
Mon May 4 23:41:46 UTC 2009

Nikola Smolenski wrote:

> For a really long term, a cooperation with some brickworks, where a brick
> printer would be introductd in the brick producing process, so that Wikipedia
> (and other important works) would be printed on every brick produced. We know
> that Sumerian tablets have lasted for thousands of years, so these bricks
> would surely last that long too.
>
> And for even longer, do the same with bottle manufacturers.

Heh, that reminds me of a fresh Finnish patented method of
"printing" on concrete, and the freshly built archival building
in Hämeenlinna. Here is a bit of detail of the wall of the building.
see if it reminds you of anything familiar to us all?

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_YiztANGzgQA/SFWP29Opa8I/AAAAAAAAAEE/X4b_e9sVd-8/s320/Blogiin+017.jpg

This method of making a lasting impression on concrete
is said to be not much more expensive than ordinary concrete.

Yours,

Jussi-Ville Heiskanen