[Foundation-l] Cross-wiki articles

Pedro Sanchez pdsanchez at gmail.com
Sun May 3 00:41:14 UTC 2009

On Sat, May 2, 2009 at 6:51 PM, Robert Rohde <rarohde at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, May 2, 2009 at 11:09 AM, Yoni Weiden <yonidebest at gmail.com> wrote:
> > The question is - shouldn't there be one set of standards for all
> > Wikipedias? I think it is "unfair" that I can read about Simpsons
> episodes
> > in the English Wikipedia, while those how speak Hebrew cannot.

And to play devil's advocate. Several of the largest wikipedias are commited
to build a true free-content encyclopedia (yes it's possible!), therefore
disallow unfree images. Yet I don't see people advocating english wikipedia
should disallow them because several large wikipedias do on behalf of
standarization.