[Foundation-l] Cross-wiki articles

Pedro Sanchez pdsanchez at gmail.com
Sat May 2 15:27:25 UTC 2009

On Sat, May 2, 2009 at 9:17 AM, Yoni Weiden <yonidebest at gmail.com> wrote:

> The Hebrew Wikipedia community decided that Southpark episode named "Chef
> Aid" is not worthy of an article, not because of it's content, but because
> it is an unimportant episode.

In spanish wikipedia we soemtimes delete articles found in others.

The usual cry is "but the english wikipedia has it" and the usual reply:
yes, but each wikipedia has a different set of standards.
And as far as I know, Wikipedia does not try to be the sum of ALL human
knowledge, it's not in its mission statement nor the foundation. that was a
phrase  said by jimbo, but it's his particular vision