[Foundation-l] NYTimes article: Exploring Fact City

Nemo_bis nemowiki at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 22:06:39 UTC 2009

David Gerard, 29/03/2009 21:14:
> 2009/3/29 The Cunctator <cunctator at gmail.com>:
>
>> A lovely article. The only pity is it doesn't note how much of this social
>> theory of wikis owes to Sunir Shah's pioneering work on MeatballWiki.
>

> MeatballWiki is all but unknown to most Wikipedians, let alone the
> outside world. That's not good. I recommend it to all here.

For example (just to give a starting point; then you won't be able to
stop reading this wiki!), on the wiki/city subject, see these five years
old pages:
http://www.usemod.com/cgi-bin/mb.pl?OnlineCommunitiesAreCityStates
http://www.usemod.com/cgi-bin/mb.pl?WikisAsVillages

And, since we talk over FlaggedRevisions, this is topical:
http://www.usemod.com/cgi-bin/mb.pl?WikiLifeCycle
http://www.usemod.com/cgi-bin/mb.pl?GatedCommunity
http://www.usemod.com/cgi-bin/mb.pl?LimitGrowth

Nemo