[Foundation-l] Usability study in progress

George Herbert george.herbert at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 04:19:29 UTC 2009

On Tue, Mar 24, 2009 at 9:15 PM, Brian <Brian.Mingus at colorado.edu> wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 24, 2009 at 9:28 PM, Naoko Komura <nkomura at wikimedia.org>
> wrote:
>
> >  The remote usability study on
> > Thursday (March 26 PDT) will be done remotely, which means we recruit
> > participants from Wikipedia through the site notice, and connect with
> > them through web conferencing.
>

>  This is brilliant - you could automate the testing and reporting in
> addition to having a virtually unlimited number of subjects.

It lacks some feedback from tests done in a lab - the video cameras
recording eye motion and focus, what someone says to themselves or others,
and user mouse patterns, are important data.

But more data is always good.  If you can't get someone to meet you in the
lab, testing via web conferencing has been shown to be good data.

--
-george william herbert
george.herbert at gmail.com