[Foundation-l] depth

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Mon Mar 23 22:05:43 UTC 2009

2009/3/23 Michael Peel <email at mikepeel.net>:
> Perhaps a better thing to quantify is the usefulness, rather than the
> quality? That is, ask the people reading and using articles how
> useful the article has been to them?
>
> Or, more generally, ask them to rate articles on a scale of 1 to N,
> where N is e.g. 5.

There are several extensions available for this:

http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:AjaxRatingScript
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:JSKitRating
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Rating
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Rating_Bar

If there is a consensus for it, it shouldn't be difficult to get it
turn on. I'm not sure you'll get such a consensus, though... (not
because it's a bad idea, but because we don't seem to be able to get a
consensus on anything these days)