[Foundation-l] Licensing transition: opposing points of view

Erik Moeller erik at wikimedia.org
Fri Mar 20 05:58:02 UTC 2009

2009/3/19 Nikola Smolenski <smolensk at eunet.yu>:
> Of course, if an author doesn't supply a name, then an URL is all that
> remains. But most of our authors have not excercised this possibility: they
> do supply their names, or pseudonyms.

The fact that they may or may not be logged in is completely
irrelevant if the terms and conditions clarify that their username has
nothing to do with the option of supplying an Original Author name as
provided for in CC-BY-SA. In fact, it's pretty clear that many people
choose their username without any regard for attribution.

--
Erik Möller
Deputy Director, Wikimedia Foundation