[Foundation-l] Proposed revised attribution language

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Mon Mar 16 12:01:33 UTC 2009

2009/3/16 Ray Saintonge <saintonge at telus.net>:
> So, if I want to give to give a mug with an erotic description of the
> Kama Sutra to my girl friend, I also need to give her this list of
> authors.  Are there really people here who would be so law-abiding that
> they would threaten their love-life with that kind of anti-climax?

I think that can be resolved by invoking the rule: "It's only illegal
if you get caught." It's completely inconceivable that the copyright
holder(s) would find out about your private gift to your girlfriend
(unless she tried to sell it after a messy breakup, perhaps...), so
you are really only answerable to your conscience.