[Foundation-l] Mid-Year Financial Statements Posted to WMF website

Veronique Kessler vkessler at wikimedia.org
Sat Mar 14 01:47:07 UTC 2009

Hello Folks,

I am pleased to announce that the Wikimedia Foundation Mid-Year
Financial Statements (covering the period July 1 through December 31,
2008) are now posted to the WMF website at:

http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Financial_reports#Mid-year_financial_statements

We have also posted answers to anticipated questions:

http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Financial_reports/July_2008_to_December_2008_Mid-Year_FAQ

The upshot is: The Wikimedia Foundation's financial situation is
strong. Spending is very slightly below plan, and revenues are
slightly exceeding plan. Our projections say we will finish the year
on target. This is primarily due to the terrific performance of the
online fundraiser campaign, which exceeded its targets and enabled us
to close the fundraiser early, as our core operating budget was met
ahead of schedule. We think this is great news, particularly in a very
difficult global economy.

Please feel free to email with any questions or concerns you have.

Veronique

--
Veronique Kessler
Chief Financial and Operating Officer
vkessler at wikimedia.org
Office: (415) 839-6885 ext. 612

Support Free Knowledge today by donating to