[Foundation-l] Fundraising Data Dump

Rand Montoya rmontoya at wikimedia.org
Fri Mar 13 23:40:53 UTC 2009

Hey All--

Just announcing the data dumps for our fundraiser data for the 2008
Annual Fundraiser.

As always, we like to provide our anonymitized data to the community...both
to show our openness and transparency, but also to ask for the
communities help in doing analysis and data crunching to aid our future
fundraising efforts.

The dumps are located here:  http://download.wikipedia.org/fundraising/2008/

The main gift data files are 2008_Fundraiser.csv.gz. The fields are date stamp, USD donation amount, original currency amount, original currency, country of donation, & payment type (paypal/check/cash/dexia/etc.).

The main data on the site notices and their effectiveness is 2008_Fundraiser_Tracking.csv.gz.
The fields here are template (the name of the site notice we used), tracking source (from where the click came from, campaign (an internal tag), USD converted amount, original currency, and country of donation.

If any in the community could help analyze the site notice data for
effectiveness, it would be greatly appreciated.

Also, I would like to thank the Wikimedia tech team for helping make
this possible.

If you have any questions, please send them my way.

-Rand

--
Rand Montoya
Head of Community Giving
Email: rand at wikimedia.org
Phone: 415.839.6885 x615
Fax: 415.882.0495
Cell: 510.685.7030

“At some future time, I hope to have something witty,
intelligent, or funny in this space.”